If you might be utilizing an older mannequin Samsung cellphone, you may need observed the Samsung Gear VR Service. The easy reply to the query of what’s gear VR service on Android is that it’s a service that permits you to use a VR headset. The subject that happens in utilizing the service is that it consumes heavy battery energy. To repair this subject, you’ll be able to disable Gear VR Service in your cellphone. The service may begin to run with out being prompted and therefore, trigger elevated consumption of energy. Read the article on easy methods to cease gear VR service working in background.
How to Disable Gear VR Service on Android
The Gear VR Service is an official service from the Samsung group and is in-built on most telephones. It is a Virtual-Reality based mostly head-mount show developed by Samsung Electronics and was manufactured and introduced by Samsung in September 2014. It is developed with Oculus VR, which is the corporate that makes the Oculus Rift headset. Here are a number of extra factors to learn about Gear VR.
- The Gear VR headset has its accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, and proximity sensor.
- The content material for offering VR is derived straight from the cellphone the headset is related to.
- This service, is nonetheless, not accessible on the newest variations of the Android 12 OS of the Samsung cellphone.
Uses of Gear VR Service
The makes use of of the Gear VR Service and Samsung Gear VR headset are listed on this part as:
- The use of this service is to permit your cellphone mechanically detects the Gear VR headset related to the cellphone and swap to Oculus.
- The Gear VR offers a 96-degree panoramic view with focal changes for motion pictures and video games.
- The Samsung Gear VR headset makes use of the Gear VR Service to offer a field-of-view for offering a Virtual Reality expertise whereas utilizing your cellphone.
- The Gear VR headset doesn’t comprise any software program however acts because the controller that plugs into the USB- C or Micro USB port of the cellphone.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the identical Settings choices, they usually fluctuate from producer to producer therefore, guarantee the proper settings earlier than altering any. The mentioned steps have been carried out on the Samsung Galaxy A21s cellphone.
Method 1: Use OEM Cables
Use the licensed OEM Cables or Samsung-approved equipment to make the most of the Samsung Gear VR Service. Using low-quality third-party cables might activate the Gear VR Service with out being prompted. After utilizing OEM cables examine if Stop gear VR service working in background subject is resolved or not.
Method 2: Disable Gear VR Service
The part lists the strategies to cease the Gear VR Service utilizing the Settings app.
Option I: Disable Gear VR Service
The first possibility is to disable Gear VR Service in your cellphone utilizing the Settings app.
1. Firstly, faucet on the Settings app.
2. Then, faucet on the Apps setting.
3. Now, choose the Samsung Gear VR service app.
4. Tap on the Disable possibility on the backside to disable the service.
Note: If the Disable possibility is greyed out, it’s a must to first root your cellphone or launch your cellphone in protected mode after which disable the app. You can use the hyperlink given right here to know the strategy to root your cellphone.
5. Next, faucet on the Disable app possibility within the affirmation window.
Also Read: 15 Best Galaxy Note 3 Custom ROMs
Option II: Force Stop Gear VR Service
If you can not repair the problem, you’ll be able to attempt utilizing the Force Stop choice to cease the Gear VR Service.
1. Tap on the Settings app.
2. Then, faucet on the Apps tab.
3. Tap on the Samsung Gear VR service app.
4. Now, faucet on the Force Stop possibility on the backside to disable the service.
Method 3: Disable Background Process
If you can not disable Gear VR Service, you should use this methodology to cease gear VR service working in background as mentioned on this part.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap on the Apps tab.
3. Tap on the Samsung Gear VR within the checklist.
4. Tap on the Battery tab within the Usage part.
5. Toggle off the Allow background exercise possibility.
6. Return to the Settings residence web page and faucet on the Connections tab.
7. Tap on the Data utilization tab.
8. Tap on the Data saver possibility.
9. Tap on the Allowed to make use of knowledge whereas Data saver is on tab.
10. Toggle off the Samsung Gear VR app on the checklist.
Also Read: What Stores Accept Samsung Pay?
Method 4: Uninstall Oculus App
One of the strategies to repair the problem with the Gear VR service is to uninstall the Oculus app in your cellphone.
1. Open the Play Store app.
2. Tap on the Profile icon on the top-right nook of the house web page.
3. Tap on the Manage apps and system tab.
4. Move to the Manage tab and tick the field subsequent to the Oculus app.
5. Tap on the Trash possibility on the top-right nook.
6. Tap on the Uninstall possibility within the affirmation window Uninstall chosen app?
Method 5: Install Service Disabler App
Following are the steps to put in service disabler app.
1. Open the Play Store app.
2. Tap on the search bar on the house web page.
3. Search for Service Disabler and faucet on the search icon.
4. In the Service Disabler app, faucet on the Install button.
5. Open the Service Disabler app from the house menu.
6. Select the Samsung Gear VR Service and faucet on the Trash icon and eventually examine if Stop gear VR service working in background subject is resolved or not.
Also Read: Fix Camera Failed Error on Samsung Galaxy
Method 6: Use ADB Tool
In this methodology, you should use your Windows PC and use the ADB or Android Debug Bridge to cease the Gear VR Service.
Step I: Install ADB on Windows PC
The first step is to put in the ADB or Android Debug Bridge in your Windows PC.
1. Hit the Windows key, sort Google Chrome, then click on on Open.
2. Open the official web site of the Android SDK Platform Tools obtain and click on on the Download SDK Platform-Tools for Windows hyperlink within the Downloads part.
3. Extract all of the information within the downloaded file utilizing a Data Compression Utility software program like WinZip.
4. Press the Windows key, sort Windows PowerShell and click on on the Run as Administrator possibility.
5. Type the ./adb gadgets command and press the Enter key to activate the ADB instrument.
6. Tap on the Accept possibility within the permission window in your cellphone.
Step II: Enable Developer Mode on Phone
The subsequent step is to allow the Developer mode in your cellphone.
1. Tap on the Settings app.
2. Then, faucet on the About cellphone tab.
3. Next, faucet on the Software info tab.
4. Tap on the Build quantity tab 7 instances.
5. Confirm the safety password and you’ll see the Developer mode has been enabled message.
Also Read: How to Change IMEI Number on Android Without Root
Step III: Enable USB Debugging and Node Tree Debugging
To disable Gear VR Service utilizing your Windows PC, it is best to allow the USB Debugging and Node Tree Debugging choices in your cellphone.
1. Navigate to the Settings residence web page and faucet on the Developer choices tab.
2. Toggle on the USB debugging possibility within the Debugging part.
3. Tap on the OK possibility within the Allow USB debugging? Confirmation window.
4. Return to the house web page of the Settings app and faucet on the Accessibility tab.
5. Tap on the Talkback tab.
6. Tap on the Settings tab.
7. Tap on the Advanced settings tab.
8. Tap on the Developer settings tab.
9. Toggle the Enable node tree debugging possibility on.
10. Tap on the OK button on the affirmation message Enable Node Tree Debugging?
Step IV: Uninstall Gear VR Service Apps
The final step is to make use of Windows PowerShell to manually uninstall the providers related to the Gear VR Service and cease gear VR service working within the background.
1. Type the next command and press the Enter key to disable the Gear VR service.
adb shell pm uninstall –ok –person 0 com.samsung.android.hmt.vrsvc
2. Then, paste the given command and press the Enter key to disable the SetupWizardStub.
adb shell pm uninstall –ok –person 0 com.samsung.android.app.vrsetupwizardstub
3. Now, sort the next command and press the Enter key to disable the Gear VR Shell.
adb shell pm uninstall –ok –person 0 com.samsung.android.hmt.vrshell
Also Read: How to Root Android Phone
Method 7: Disable VR Developer Mode (If Applicable)
The final choice to disable Gear VR Service is to disable the VR Developer mode in your cellphone. This will cease Gear VR service working within the background and scale back the facility consumption.
1. Open the Settings app
2. Tap on the Apps tab.
3. Tap on the Gear VR Service app within the checklist.
4. Tap on the VR Service Version tab 6 instances within the VERSION part.
5. Toggle off the Developer mode within the DEVELOPER OPTIONS part.
6. Press the Power key and faucet on the Restart possibility and examine if Stop gear VR service working in background is resolved.
The strategies to disable Gear VR Service and What is gear VR service on Android are offered on this article. Try implementing the strategies within the article to repair the problem and tell us your recommendations and queries on the identical within the feedback.