Xbox is a famend online game developed by Microsoft. With 5 totally different gaming consoles, Xbox has turn into probably the most standard gaming consoles with lifelike graphics for on-line video games. With consoles comes one other Xbox amenity which is an Xbox controller. Xbox controllers have enhanced the gaming expertise for gamers. With a textured grip and a number of buttons to carry out features, it’s fairly a cakewalk for Xbox customers to function all of the gaming options utilizing the controller. The controllers may be simply connected to different media units like Windows PC, cell units, and TV. Despite being good at consolation and easy accessibility, these Xbox controllers may cause an issue or two once they cease working. If you’re somebody coping with the identical dilemma and wish to know learn how to repair a button on Xbox one controller, then you’re in the precise place. We carry you an ideal information for a similar the place we is not going to solely share a number of strategies to repair the problem however will information you completely, step-by-step together with enlightening you concerning the causes that may result in your controller buttons being caught. So first, test a few of the causes behind the Xbox one controller subject under.
How to Fix a Button on Xbox One Controller
You can face the problem of sticky or jammed buttons in your Xbox controller. You may need pressed one of many buttons and anticipated it to pop again but it surely didn’t. If that is the case with you, then the next talked about causes could be behind it:
- The buildup of grime or different minute substances on the crevices of the buttons in your controller can jam them and due to this fact make it unimaginable so that you can use them.
- Another purpose is usually a defective button which must be changed to make them work once more.
- The subsequent purpose behind the information button not working is a defective motherboard which wants substitute.
- Outdated firmware of the Xbox controller also can trigger the problem.
Well, the problem of the Xbox controller button not working might sound tough however it’s fairly simple to resolve it. Try the strategies listed under within the given order to efficiently recover from the issue.
Method 1: Clean Xbox Controller Buttons
If you’re questioning learn how to repair Xbox controller button then the primary methodology which is straightforward and straightforward to aim is utilizing a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol to wash the buttons which will have been jammed because of clogging by grime or meals crumbles. Also, if the buttons in your controller really feel sticky, this methodology is ideal to go for. Let us look into the steps that may assist you out with cleansing the buttons:
1. Unplug the controller.
2. Rub a enough quantity of alcohol on a cotton swab.
3. Now, rub the cotton bud on the caught button. Try to maneuver the cotton to the open areas across the button.
4. Rub the cotton across the troubled button for a few rounds after which press the button to test whether it is now working high-quality.
Method 2: Update Firmware
As mentioned above, outdated firmware of the Xbox controller also can trigger the information button not working subject. Therefore, it is very important test for normal updates for Xbox controller firmware.
Note: You must have the Xbox Accessories app for the next steps.
1. Connect the Xbox controller to your PC and switch it on.
2. Open the Xbox Accessories app in your PC.
3. Click on the three-dot icon on the display.
4. Then, click on on Update whether it is obtainable.
5. In case your controller is updated you’ll encounter No replace obtainable message on the aspect panel.
6. Once the firmware is up to date, press all of the buttons and test if information button not working subject is resolved.
Also Read: Fix High Packet Loss on Xbox
Method 3: Reconnect Bluetooth Controller
In case you’re utilizing a Bluetooth Xbox controller and questioning learn how to repair Xbox controller button, then eradicating it and connecting it once more to the system may be of assist on this case. To make the information button in your controller work, comply with the steps under:
Note: The following steps are for Windows PC customers.
1. Press the Windows + I keys collectively to open Settings.
2. Select Devices setting.
3. Now, choose the controller and click on on Remove system.
4. After a while, join the controller once more to your PC and test if the problem with the information button not working has been resolved.
Method 4: Disable Xbox Game Bar
The final resolution to your query about learn how to repair a button on Xbox one controller is disabling the Xbox Game Bar. In some circumstances, Game Bar has been reported to trigger the controller buttons or the information button, specifically, to not work. So, disabling it appears applicable to sort out this drawback. To achieve this, you’ll be able to test our information How to Disable Xbox Game Bar in Windows 11 which can assist you nicely with the problem.
1. Press the Windows + I keys collectively to open Settings.
2. On the Settings web page, choose the Gaming setting as highlighted within the pic under.
3. Now, swap off the toggle for Enable Xbox Game Bar for issues like recording sport clips, chatting with mates, and receiving sport invitations possibility as proven.
Also Read: Fix Xbox One Headset Not Working
Method 5: Hard Reset Xbox Console
The reply to your query about learn how to repair a button on Xbox one controller lies in resetting the Xbox console in case you are nonetheless going through the button not working subject even after updating the controller. The arduous reset has been an efficient resolution in lots of circumstances associated to the controller button. So, comply with the steps talked about under to carry out the identical in your console:
1. Shut down the console by urgent and holding the energy button for a couple of seconds.
2. Now, unplug the console cables.
3. Wait for five minutes and plug the cables again into the Xbox console.
4. Connect the Xbox controller to the console and function the buttons to test you probably have discovered the answer to How to repair Xbox controller button.
Also Read: 10 Ways to Fix Xbox One Controller Disconnecting Randomly
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can I clear my Xbox One controller?
Ans. You can clear your Xbox One controller utilizing a microfiber fabric or a cotton bud with rubbing alcohol.
Q2. How can I repair the pushed button on my controller?
Ans. You can repair the pushed button utilizing a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol to wash the crevices across the button which can be stuffed with gunk inflicting the button to stay pushed inside.
Q3. Why does my information button on the controller hold getting caught?
Ans. If your Xbox controller information button retains getting caught, it’s essential be extra cautious about not consuming whereas utilizing the controller. Also, hold a behavior of cleansing your controller occasionally for the buttons to work with none points.
This fall. Can I reinstall the Xbox Game Bar after disabling it?
Ans. Yes, you’ll be able to definitely use Game Bar for reinstalling it once more. It may be performed utilizing a couple of PowerShell instructions.
Whether it’s defective buttons or outdated firmware software program, it’s potential to repair all the problems associated to the Xbox controller buttons. We hope that our information helped you in doing so and has answered all of your questions relating to learn how to repair a button on Xbox one controller. Let us know which one of many strategies guided you probably the most. If you have got queries or invaluable options to offer then please drop them down under within the feedback part under.